MK businsess leaders met to celebrate reaching 48 of a campaign target of ’50 MK employers accredited by the Living Wage Foundation in 2017, MK’s 50th birthday’.
The breakfast event was hosted by Dentons UKMEA LLP and attended by 46 adults plus the Summerfield Primary School choir. The choir performed its new Living Wage song led by teaching assistant and composer, Nikki Elgar, See video of recording on 12.10.17 (pictured below).
There were speeches from business leaders:
- Santander – Karen Robson
- 123 Internet Group – Scott Jones
- KPMG Living Wage stats – presented by Suresh Nesaratnam
- The Open University – Lucian Hudson
and community leaders:
- MK Council – Cllr Peter Marland, Leader
- MK Community Foundation – Ian Revell, CEO
- Winter Night Shelter – Richard Wightman, Chair
Lola McEvoy from Living Wage Foundation spoke about the Future of Living Wage, and the event ended with Summerfield Primary School Choir singing ‘We Built This City Called Milton Keynes’.
Guests were then invited to join the campaign team in an action to present a letter to thecentre:mk management asking for a discussion about Living Wage accreditation.
It is hoped that two more MK employers will be recruited to become accredited Living Wage employers before the end of 2017,.