At 10.30am on Saturday 16th December 2023, scores of MK residents will don free Santa suits at Station Square, MK9 1LA, and set off on a short ride through Central Milton Keynes to Campbell Park and back (see photo story of last year’s event, winners below). It’s a rehearsal for a formal world record attempt next year, when we aim to rally several hundred cyclists. Unlike last year’s, this year’s ride will be in daylight.
Register here before 9th December for refreshment and a free santa costume and/or free Santander hire bike on the day.
There will be prizes for companies and schools with the most cyclists who have registered, and for the best blinged bike!
As well as creating fun, the event will bring together leaders from different business, education and community organisations who are members or supporters of a new broad-based alliance to get more people cycling in MK. MK’s Panacea Samba band will provide the drum beat.
Following the presentation of Mayor’s Cycling Awards at 10.30am (details below), the ride will proceed up Midsummer Boulevard.
stop and celebrate a few times
bring good cheer
circle The MK Rose
and reach the Light Pyramid for a final hohoho
then turn around for the ride back to Station Square.
- 09.30 Dr. Bike repairs
- 10.00 Panacea Samba band
- 10.30 Santa Claus with mince pies and clementines
- Deputy-Mayor – why cycling matters to me and why I’d like to be pedalled to Mayor engagements
- Cabinet Member for Children & Families – why cycling matters to children and families
- Cabinet Member for Health – why cycling matters to young people’s health
- High Sheriff – why cycling matters to me, MK and Bucks
- 10.45 Ride
- 11.30 School choir competition – TBC
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 07962 838685.