On Thursday 14th March, Ringway Infrastructure Services will host the Mayor’s Cycling Awards to celebrate individual and organisation success in the MK Business Cycling Challenge and MK Schools Cycling Challenge.
After an update on Cycling CitizensMK’s strategy from Malcolm Davies of Trek Bikes and Ringway’s Daniel Mullins, Cllr Zoe Nolan, Cabinet Member for Children & Families will give an update on MK City Council’s progress towards 80% children receiving Bikeability training.
Awards will be presented by Mayor & Mayoress Mick & Mandy Legg:
- Top Cycling Secondary School (most students in Year 7 travel survey
- Top Cycling Secondary School (most cycles on site per 100 students)
- Top Cycling Primary School (most pupils on Bikeability training)
- Top Cycling Primary School (most progress on Modeshift STARS)
- Top Cycling Company (biggest increase in cycles on site compared with May23)
- Top Cycling Company (most cycles on site per 100 employees)
- Best new cycle parking provision.
There will also be updates on:
- Results of MK Secondary Schools Travel Survey
- Bikeability Olympics plans
- City Unity Ride plans
- Cycling Santas World Record attempt plan