This campaign began with MK school pupils during one-day training and its goals were formally approved by members of Citizens:mk’s Leadership Group, following pupil presentations, on 1st October 2019 (see story).
The campaign goals are:
- 75% of businesses in thecentre:mk sign up for the Refill scheme by 1st April 2020.
- At least three new Refill stations are created in big anchor shops (M&S, John Lewis or Intu) by July 2020.
- Clean and accessible public water fountains are created (up to 8) by July 2020.
Some schools have created goals for action in their individual schools:
- Half food wasted at Jubilee Wood Primary School by July 2020
- Reduce plastic water bottle use at Orchard Primary Academy by 85% by Easter 2020
- Provide Year 7 pupils at St. Paul’s Catholic School with school-branded water bottles by December 2019.