June 2021 was Bike Month and MK secondary schools, along with Citizens:mk members, competed to cycle the most rides and miles. Prizes were given at the Mayor’s Awards Ceremony on Station Square, 5pm Thursday 1st July (categories & prizes below).
|Name of school||No. students||No. riders||Total rides cycled||Total miles cycled||Average rides per 100 students||Average miles per 100 students|
|Lord Grey Academy||1,452||6||93||938||6.40||64.60|
|Shenley Brook End School||1,778||3||26||849||1.46||47.75|
|St. Paul’s Catholic School||1,848||5||17||90||0.92||4.87|
|Kents Hill Park School||331||2||6||14||1.81||4.23|
Awards Categories & Prize Winners
- Top Cycling School – most rides overall, 1st place: Ousedale School
- Top Student Rider of 1st Place School (most rides) – certificate and prize sponsored by Trek Bikes – Wavecel Specter Helmet and £50 voucher in store: Matthew Wilson, Ousedale School (32 rides, 757 miles)
- Top Cycling School – most rides overall, 2nd place: Lord Grey Academy
- Top Student Rider of 2nd Place School (most rides) – certificate and prize sponsored by John Lewis, £25 voucher in store: Elliott Tomey, Lord Grey Academy (9 rides, 132 miles)
- Top Cycling School – most rides overall, 3rd place: Shenley Brook End School
- Top Student Rider of 3rd Place School (most rides) – certificate and prize of free standard repair service provided by Cycle Saviours: Luke Marshall, Shenley Brook End School (21 rides, 722 miles)
- School Participation certificates: The Hazeley Academy, St. Paul’s Catholic School, Kents Hill Park School, Oakgrove School.