Goals for 2016-17 are to organise for MK Council to:
- Work with Wolverton Community Energy on a pilot community energy project, involving the installation of solar panels installed on at least 2 roofs it owns or controls.
2. Work with Citizens MK to share lessons learned from this project with communities across MK.
- Ensure that Full Council receives a report on the process and outcomes of the pilot project with Wolverton Community Energy
- Provide all Councillors with a 10 point plan to help community energy within their Ward
- Produce a good practice guide on community energy and disseminate to 50 Parish and Town Councils in MK and surrounding area
3. Designate a Cabinet member and Director with responsibility for tackling Fuel Poverty, reducing energy use and making MK a more sustainable city, using regional and European funding available for community energy initiatives.’.
4. Provide information to promote a Citizens:mk Big Green Switch initiative to MK residents, including training and support to volunteer ‘energy champions’ who will participate in a range of community events assisting MK residents with energy efficiency and switching energy providers.
For further information, contact Campaign Leader Marie Osborne.