A Mental Health campaign was launched at Delegates Assembly on 7th February 2016 with the following goals:
Short term goals
- Notebooks to keep treatment history, diagnoses and symptoms. Goal agreed in September 2017: Notebook to be trialed by 50 participants, with feedback received from 50% and reported in April 2018.
- IAPT option of Face to Face Assessments. Goal refined in September 2017 to: 50 referees to be offered the Face-to-face option and half of those to provide feedback to be reported in April 2018.
Medium term goals
- Self-Harm Training
- Shortening discharge times
- Replace the word “sectioning” for 24-hour observations
- Peer Support Groups
Long term goals
- Urgent care centre replacing A&E
- CPNs in all GP surgeries
- Crisis card “passport” for MH presentations
- Day hospitals and weekend service to offer support.
The team is currently reviewing its initial goals and has already made progress by attending two meetings with Tyrone Blackford-Swaries, Director of MK Mental Health Services, Current team members are:
- Tess Price, Church of Christ the Cornerstone
- Carolyn Marshall, St. Augustine’s Catholic Church
- Paul Griffiths, MK YMCA
- Peter Leeson, Q:alliance.
The team welcomes new members.
If you would like further information, please contact campaign leader Tess Price.