Address to be sent by email prior to the event
Do you feel angry about an issue of social injustice in your community (e.g. bullying, vandalism, damp housing, digital inclusion) and want to organise others to help you address it?
Citizens:mk is an alliance of local community groups that has organised many successful campaigns, e.g. Real Living Wage, Bus Passengers Charter, Redway improvements, Youth club opening, Refugees Welcome, New school steps, Police restorative justice.
We have run a series of one-day and two-day training sessions for more than 100 leaders and potential leaders of faith, education and community groups. Now we offer online training:
PART ONE: SATURDAY 3th OCTOBER 9.30am-12pm
- What makes you angry? World as it is Vs World as it should be
- What can you do about it? Build a team through listening
- How to listen powerfully? Practice 121s
- How to build trust? Tell your story
- How to research an issue? Launch a listening campaign
- How to organise others? Snowflake model and framework
PART TWO: SATURDAY 24th OCTOBER 9.30am-12pm
- What did you learn? Habit of Research-Action-Evaluation
- How to prioritise issues? Issues workshop
- How to create and share a vision for change? SMART goal(s)
- How to plan a powerful action? Stories of action
- How get and use a seat at the table? Negotiation
- How to reward and sustain your team? Evaluate and celebrate
To attend this course, book your place here. Free to Citizens:mk members. For non-members, £50 per place (£25 after first from the same non-member institution).