46 Whitechapel Rd
London E1 1JX
The Citizens UK Leadership Team, 25 leaders drawn from across 15 Chapters, have been meeting on video conference monthly for the last 5 months and helping to shape the plans for this important action.
Turnout & travel: We are asking each Chapter to send between 5-10 leaders and at least 1 Organiser. Off-peak train fares for those outside of London will be funded and purchased centrally (please let email@example.com know who will be attending), or we can cover petrol if people could come in groups in cars.
- Relationships between leaders across the 15 Chapters.
- Training sessions on running an effective Leadership Group and on Organising Money.
- Decision-making on our strategy and campaign priorities ready for a General Election.
Preparation in advance:
- Come with a power analysis of the Parliamentary Constituencies in your area, including where you think you could hold Accountability Assemblies or have diverse delegations negotiate with candidates.
- Identify the key issues your Chapter would want to push at a UK level, and the local issues you would want to raise with your candidates.
- Request a meeting with your local MP(s) at 5pm on 15th October in Westminster.
12:00-13:00 – RELATIONSHIPS & CELEBRATION
- Lunch & 1-2-1s
- Stories of community organising success from around the UK
A range of workshops to choose from, including:
- How to be an effective member of a Leadership Team
- A power analysis of the UK government
- Election campaigning preparation
- Tools for leadership development
- Building core teams
- Developing your institution through community organising
- Increasing the ‘hard money’ in your Chapter budget
- Deciding our strategy to engage the UK Government, especially in relation to Strangers into Citizens and the Real Living Wage
- Agreeing our plan if an election is called
16:30 – ASSEMBLY ENDS – GO TO WESTMINSTER TO TALK WITH MARK LANCASTER MP
Go to Westminster to talk with Mark Lancaster MP about Fair Work and other current campaigns
For more information, contact Tom Bulman, tel 07962 838685.