School councillors from the following schools will be attending: Jubilee Wood Primary, St. Monica’s Primary, St. Paul’s Secondary, Southwood Primary and Summerfield Primary.
NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE – THIS TRAINING WILL NOW BE HOSTED BY ST. PAUL’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL (NOT MK ACADEMY)
Dropping off students at The Dance Studio, St. Paul’s: Please drive into the school through the gate at the far right of the main entrance, pupils can be dropped there. The Dance studio is directly in front of the large tree.
- 9.15 Introduction & Rounds
- 9.30 Testimony from refugee families and support organisations
- Tasmin & Tariq Alhaj – what it has been like for me in my MK schools
- Refugee parent(s) – what it is/was like for me as a parent
- Kerri Chana, British Red Cross – what it is/was like for me as a support worker
- Ian Fraser, Summerfield Primary School – what it is/was like for me as a teacher
- 9.45 121s – who we are (teach ‘stick person’) and what we could do
- 10.15 Presentations – schemes we would like MK schools to support
- Marie Gracie, Refugees Welcome MK – fundraising
- Ann Day, Refugees Welcome Talks Team – assembly and/or workshop in school
- Jennifer Hill, Thames Valley Police – Hate Crime assembly and/or workshop in school
- Jess Maddocks, Citizens UK – Refugees Welcome Schools accreditation scheme (Welcome, Awareness & Action)
- Steven Sondhi, Fred Grindrod & Craig Warne, NASUWT – Refugee Welcome Schools partner
- Bekele Woyecha, Citizens UK – Sponsor Refugees
- 10.45 Group discussions & presentations – put each group’s best idea in chart of World As It Is vs World As It Should Be
- 11.15 Break/refreshments
- 11.30 Power analysis – each group produces and presents chart showing relative Power and Interest of relevant individuals and organisations
- 12.00 Stick person – groups identify lead power holder and draw his/her stick person showing their interests
- 12.30 LUNCH
- 1.00 SMART goals – groups prioritise issues, draft and present SMART goals
- 1.30 Role play negotiation with power holder
- 2.00 Next steps – agree survey actions re Leaders Forum 13.11.18.
- 2.15 Evaluation
- 2.30 End
Please contact Tom Bulman, tel 07962 838685, to book places.