Do you feel angry about an issue of social injustice in your community (e.g. bullying, vandalism, damp housing, digital inclusion) and want to organise others to help you address it?
Citizens:mk is an alliance of local community groups that has organised many successful campaigns: Real Living Wage, Bus Passengers Charter, Redway improvements, Youth club opening, Refugees Welcome, New school steps, Police restorative justice.
We have run a series of quality one-day and two-day training sessions for more than 100 leaders and potential leaders of faith, education and community groups. Now we’ve developed online training:
PART ONE: SATURDAY 3th OCTOBER 9.30am-12pm
- What makes you angry? World as it is Vs World as it should be
- What can you do about it? 5 Steps to Social Change
- Who has the power? Mapping power analysis
- What motivates power-holders? Understanding Self-interest
- How to build a team? 121s and Collective leadership
- How to research the issue? Launching a listening campaign
PART TWO: SATURDAY 24th OCTOBER 9.30am-12pm
- What did you learn? Habit of Research-Action-Evaluation
- How to prioritise issues? Issues workshop
- How to create and share a vision for change? SMART goal(s)
- How to plan a powerful action? Stories of action
- How get and use a seat at the table? Negotiation
- How to reward and sustain your team? Evaluate and celebrate
To attend this course, book your place here. Free to Citizens:mk members. For non-members, £50 per place (£25 after first from the same non-member institution).