20 leaders from 13 institutions (8 member institutions) completed Two-Day Training on 6-7th October 2017.
In post-Training evaluation, the trainees gave an average score of 9.5 out of 10 for the Two-Day Training course as a whole, higher than last year’s score.
A short questionnaire a few days after the course, asking about self-perception Before and After, yielded the following results:
- 97% average increase in ‘My awareness of tools for building relational power (4.2 to 8.3 out of 10)
- 72% average increase in ‘My confidence in my community leadership’ (4.6 to 7.9 out of 10)
- 35% increase in ‘My motivation to make positive change in my community’ (6.6 to 8.9 out of 10).
“I feel positive and inspired,” said Caro Marshall of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
“There were lots of people from different backgrounds,” said Brett Farrier-Smith of MK YMCA. “I felt empowered.”
“What a great group of people,” said Tony Berwick, Head teacher of Jubilee Wood Primary School. “I loved talking to them.”
“I look forward to starting some positive work for Q:alliance and feel the framework you have shared is a good tool,” said Helen Pritchard of Q:alliance LGBT+ group.
“When I started this course, I didn’t feel like I was a leader,” said Linda Mccomie of St. Edward’s Catholic Church. “Now I feel i am!”
” I have realised the importance of the leadership course and I would like to join the following ones if it is possible,” said Rooda Abdillahi, of MK Somali Community and Global Outreach Foundation.
“I went on a break from humanity for a while,” said Will Cofie, a Greenleys resident. “This training gave me hope again.”
“It was good & practical learning experience,” said Ahmed Saadat, a Fishermead resident. “In fact I learn new things which I can apply in my personal and public life.”
Now the trainees will embark on a series of follow-up activities over the next eight months:
- Three Twilight Training sessions (Research, Action, Evaluation), 5.30-7.30pm on Mondays 20thNovember, 29th January and 16th April, at Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 3HP.
- Three Action Learning Sets ending with final short presentation in last session, 9.30am-12pm on Saturdays 9th December, 10thMarch and 16th June, at Church of Christ the Cornerstone, 300 Saxon Gate, Milton Keynes MK9 2ES.
- Three one-to-one Mentoring sessions with individual members of Citizens:mk Leadership Group who have attended Citizens UK’s 6-Day Training at mutually convenient dates/times/locations, to be arranged.
Attendees of Two-Day Training 6-7th October 2017:
|Alifa||Chowdhury||Southwood Primary School|
|Beatrice||Tz||Global Outreach Foundation|
|Brett john||Farrier-Smith||MK YMCA|
|Caro||Marshall||St. Augustine’s Catholic Church|
|Christine||Davies||MK All Womens Welfare Association|
|Donna||Taylor Smith||Jubilee Wood Primary School|
|Jimmy||El-Zamek||Conniburrow Big Local|
|Linda||McComie||Trubys Garden Tea Room|
|Maria||Zimbabwe||Global Outreach Foundation|
|Nicola||Elgar||Summerfield Primary School|
|Philippa||Marshall||St. Augustine’s Catholic Church|
|Roda||Abdillahi Ibrahim||Global Outreach Foundation|
|Safa||Aamir||MK Muslim Association|
|Shammi||Akter||MK All Womens Welfare Association|
|Sofia||Hassan||Middle Eastern Cultural Group|
|Tess||Price||Church of Christ the Cornerstone|
|Tony||Berwick||Jubilee Wood Primary School|
|Wamedh||Abdulkereem||Middle Eastern Cultural Group|
|Leadership Group members who have attended 6-Day Training|