Each year we run courses for people who want to develop their own community leadership knowledge and skills. These are free to our member institutions and cover the following:
- Self-interest – Why and how to communicate self-interest, do 121s, listen for issues affecting people in your institution
- Issues – How to present your institution’s issues and work with others to prioritise issues in a broad-based organisation
- Research – How to research common issues, analyse power and plan SMART campaign goals
- Negotiation – How to generate turnout and negotiate with power holders
- Action – How to understand different cultures and organise a public action
- Evaluation – How to evaluate, celebrate, reflect on power and leadership, develop a habit of action.
Participants are expected to take actions following the training and receive support from their institutional leader and/or the Community Organiser.
To find out about more about upcoming courses, click events.